The Embassy of India in Cairo has adopted the online visa issuance system with effect from 17 April 2012. All Egyptian and foreign nationals wishing to take a visa to India must log into http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ to fill up the online application form. The printout of the application form and 2 photographs need to be brought to the consular section at 37 Talaat Harb Street, Down Town, Cairo for further processing.
All foreign nationals require visas to travel to India. Visa for foreign nationals resident in Egypt is issued in 2 working days. However, for non‐resident foreigners in Egypt, it may take minimum 4 working days to process the visa application. Visa services will not be provided if validity of passport is less than six months. Also ensure that minimum two pages are available on the passport when applying for visa.
Non‐Egyptian applicant who is not a resident in Egypt will have to fill up an additional form for verification of particulars and submit it along with the visa application. The visa application form duly filled up online, printed out and signed by the applicant himself, should be submitted along with two coloured passport‐size photographs and necessary documents. Visa applications can also be submitted through travel agents.
Steps to fill up the Visa application:
1. Go to www.indianvisaonline.gov.in
2. Then, Click- Indian Visa
3. Then, Go to- guidelines for filling and submitting the online registration form.
4. Then, Select Indian Mission-For e.g. those filling visa form from Egypt will have to click- EGYPT and if from some other country then click the name of that country.
5. Then, fill up the application form of “ Online Indian Visa form” and keeping moving ahead.
6. Then, Click- Continue next page to into the next page of the form
7. Then, Click- Next page again
8. Then, ‘PHOTO UPLOAD’
9. Then, Click- Continue to next page.
10. Then, verify all the entries, if correct, Click- Verified & Continue
11. Then, Submit
12. Then, after print the hard copy and submit the same with two copies of passport size phot and all the documents as mentioned in the site www.indembcairo.com.
For further Enquiries please contact:
Mrs. Randa Shafik
Mobile number: 02 – 23939152 [from 13:00 hrs to 15:00 hrs]
– Tourist visa is issued to applicants traveling to India for tourism. Applicant needs to submit two colored photos, copy of air ticket/reservation and copy of bank statement or a letter from the place of work, along with application. Tourist visa cannot be extended in India.
Tourist Visa is valid for 6 (six) months with single entry. Please also note that:
a) In case of foreign nationals of Afghanistan, China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, foreigner of Pakistan and stateless persons holding Tourist Visas with single entry facility, there should be a gap of at least 2 (two) months between two visits to India on such a Tourist Visa. The two months gap is applicable to only Tourist visa holders.
b) In case, any foreign national(s) of the countries stated above is/are required to visit India again within a period of 2 (two) months of the last departure, such foreign national(s) should obtain special permission from the Indian Embassy, Cairo. The Mission may consider such requests on merits of each case.
It is hereby informed that Tourist Visa on arrival ( T-VoA) facility has been extended at four additional airports viz. Trivandrum, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kochi besides Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata to the foreigner who is a national of Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam. Philippines, Laos, Indonesia and Myanmar, other conditions will remain the same
– It is valid for direct transit through India for other countries only. Proof of confirmed reservations for onward journey from India should be submitted along with the visa application and two colour photographs.
– Issued to those traveling to India for business purpose. The requirements are:
(a) Visa application form
(b) Two Colour photographs
(c) Invitation letter from the Indian company / agent
(d) A letter from the company in Egypt
(e) Copy of the Commercial Registration paper of the Egyptian company and its English translation.
– It will be given for a minimum period of one year with Multiple Entry Visa.
– Is issued for the duration of the course for those who obtain admission in regular academic courses in India. The students should submit proof of admission from an educational institution recognized by the Government of India and proof of financial guarantee for meeting the expenses in India.
‐Given to a Research Professor or Scholar keen to conduct research work in India. The application must be supported by the original letter of admission from the institute concerned in India. E‐mail or photocopy of admission letter will not be accepted.
‐ A foreign national can apply for this visa giving details of:
(a) Subject of research project
(b) Places to be visited in India including previous visits, if any
(c) Sponsorship from an organization
(d) Documentary evidence in support of financial capacity of the applicant.
‐Validity of a Research Visa is three years or the duration of the research project, whichever is less.
-Journalists and media personnel traveling to India for work‐related purposes need special clearance.
The requirements are:
a) Visa application
b) 2 colour photographs
c) Letter from the news agency
-Issued for attending conferences/seminar/meetings in India. A letter of invitation from the organizer of the conference is to be submitted along with the visa application.
Delegates coming to attend conferences may combine tourism with attending conference.
-Issued to a foreigner seeking medical treatment in India in established or recognised or specialized hospitals. The visa can be single or multiple entries.
-Validity of medical visa is for up to one year or duration of the treatment, whichever is less. It can further be extended up to one year on recommendation from an established / recognized hospital.
-An applicant who wishes to visit India on Medical Visa can take up to two persons as attendants who would be granted Medical Attendant Visa.
Documents required for Medical Visa:
(i) A letter from Egyptian hospital/ Doctor recommending treatment in India giving details of treatment
(ii) An invitation letter from the hospital in India where applicant wishes to avail the treatment and
(iii) A copy of latest bank statement as proof of applicant’s financial capacity to incur expenditure for treatment.
-Employment Visa is granted to foreigners desiring to come to India for purpose of employment, subject to following conditions:‐
(i) The applicant is a skilled and qualified professional or person who is being engaged or appointed by a company, organization, industry, or undertaking, etc. in India on contract or employment basis at a senior level, skilled position such as technical expert, senior executive, or in a managerial position, etc..
(ii) Employment Visa is not granted for jobs for which large numbers of qualified Indians are available.
(iii) Employment Visa is not granted for routine, ordinary or secretarial/clerical jobs.
(iv) The Employment Visa must be issued from the country of origin, or from the country of domicile of the foreigner provided the period of permanent residence of that applicant in that particular country is for more than 2 years.
(v) The Indian company/organization engaging foreign nationals for executing projects/contracts would be responsible for the conduct of the foreign national during their stay in India and also for the departure of such foreign national upon expiry of Visa.
(vi) A foreign national will have to comply with all other requirements like payment of tax liabilities, etc. Eligibility for Employment Visa. Subject to the above conditions, the following will be eligible for Employment Visa.
Eligibility for Employment Visa
‐Subject to the above conditions, the following will be eligible for Employment Visa:
(i) Foreign nationals coming to India for execution of a project/contract [irrespective of the duration of the visit].
(ii) Foreign nationals who are coming to India on short visits to customer location to repair any plant or machinery as part of warranty or annual maintenance contracts.
(iii) Foreign engineers/technicians coming to India for installation and commissioning of equipment/machines/tools in terms of the contract for supply of such equipment/machine/tools.
(iv) Foreign experts coming to India for imparting training for the personnel of the Indian company.
(v) Foreign personnel deputed for providing technical support / services, transfer of know‐how, services supplies for which the Indian company pays fees/royalty to the foreign company.
(vi) Foreign nationals coming to India as consultant on contract, for whom the Indian company pays a fixed remuneration, (may not be in the form of monthly salary).
(vii) Foreign artists engaged to conduct regular performances for the duration of the employment contract given by Hotels, Clubs, and other organizations.
(viii) Foreign nationals who are coming to India to take up employment as coaches.
(ix) Foreign sportsmen who are given contract for a specified period by the Indian Clubs/ organizations.
(x) Self‐employed foreign nationals coming to India for providing engineering, medical, accounting, legal or such other highly skilled services in their capacity as independent consultants.
Documents required to be submitted along with application for Employment Visa:
(i) The foreign national must have a valid travel document and are entry permit, if required under the law of the country concerned.
(ii) The foreign national must submit proof of his/her employment or contract or engagement by the company/organization, etc. in India.
(iii) The foreign national must submit documentary proof of his educational qualifications and professional expertise.
Transfer of Visa
Submit duly filled in and signed visa application for transfer of Indian visa from old passport to the new passport. The fee for transfer of visa is LE 35/‐.
1) The duration of stay in India, for each visit on a tourist visa or business visa is only for period of six months. Tourist visa is non‐extendable.
2) Passport must be valid for more than six months before applying for any type of visa.
3) Validity of all visas is counted from the date of their issue.
4) If visa is for more than 180 days, registration is compulsory within 14 days of first arrival in India.
5) All categories of applicants are advised to observe their stay in India as per validity of their visas; overstay could invite legal action and non‐issuance of visa in future by any Indian Mission abroad.