How To Obtain A Work Permit To UAE Emirates As Indian National
A work permit to UAE (United Arab Emirates) demands an application from a potential employer. The employee should meet the eligibility criteria and produce an array of documents (listed further below) to support the application.
STEP 1- Choosing The Visa Category:
The first step is to understand the different work permit categories and chose the one most relevant to you. The details of different categories of work permits are listed below:
Work Permit (Simple):The basic category of work permit to UAE is known as “Residence permit for employment issued for an employee”. This permit enables an applicant to stay and work in UAE’s private sector for up to three years.
- Work Permit (Public Sector): The category enables an applicant to work specifically in the public sector of UAE. The duration of this visa is same as the Work Permit (simple). Some additional documents are required to apply for the visa depending on the nature of the job and the employer.
- Short-Term UAE Work Visa:These permits offer you short-term work opportunities in UAE. This visa differs from the rest of the work permits only in duration, while it offers the same rights or residence and work in UAE as the other, longer work permits. This work permit is the best option for business visitors or those willing to sign a short-term contract.
STEP 2- Collect The Mandatory Documents
Make sure you have the following documents with you:
- A colour copy of the biography page and last page of the passport. Information like the holder’s name, date and place of birth, citizenship, passport copy number, passport’s date of issuance and expiry date etc. Make sure your passport is valid for at least a period of six months when you travel.
- Five colour photographs of 4.3×5.5 cm each with a white backdrop with your face clearly visible in it.
- Confirmed round trip tickets to UAE.
- Completely filled in visa form. You can download the same from the following link: www.ttsuaevisas.com/Home/Forms/VisaFormIndia.docor from http://www.mofa.gov.ae
- If you’ve been to UAE in the past, enclose a colour copy of your travel document. If you have a visa for USA, Schengen countries, Australia, Russia, Newzeland or Canada, attach a proof of the same as these documents will help you expedite the visa process.
- A medical fitness certificate.
STEP 3- Submitting The Visa Application
- Make a file of the mandatory documents and venture to the UAE consulate/embassy nearest to your residence.
- Submit the visa application along with the visa fee applicable to the type of visa you are applying for. Please visit the following link for further information on visa fee: www.ttsuaevisas.com/Home/visaFees.aspx or from http://www.mofa.gov.ae
Upon submission, the application will be referred to UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) for post application processing. After due consideration on your application and upon completion of the permit processing, you’ll be notified of the outcome and the permit will be granted to you. The process can take anywhere from a week to a few months. You can contact UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (through the following link: http://www.mofa.gov.ae/mofa_english/portal/b4f51785-6321-4955-9b37-f96de077f4a1.aspx) to get updates on your application’s status.