What is H1B Visa Status?
The H1B Visa Status is a status for USA visa that allow you to work in US for a temporary duration and in a specialist occupation. If a worker from India is in H1B Visa status leaves or resigns from the company where he has been sponsored, the worker has to apply again and granted either another H1B Visa Status, or another non Immigrant Visa Status.
What is a specialist occupation that allows for H1B Visa Status ?
According to US authorities, a speciality occupation is an occupation that requires high skills and very specific and Advanced knowledge in a specific area.
Indian population is amongst the most recruited people and awarded for H1B Visa status. The statistics are from USCIS website. Here below a list of generic specialist.
- University professors and teachers
- IT / Computer professionals
- Healthcare workers
- Management consultants
- Financial analysts
- Market research analysts
- Journalists and editors
- Foreign Law advisers
- Teachers in elementary or secondary schools, colleges
- Systems analysts
- Technical publications writers
How to apply for H1B Visa Status ?
To apply for H1B Visa Status you have to get a sponsorship from an US Company that is granted for a recruitement of H1B Visa status worker. So beware from agencies in India claiming that they can have H1B visa for you, unless they are reputable recruitement agencies that work with reliable companies in US.
H1B Visa status requirements
- You must have an employer-employee relationship using the petitioning U. S. employer
- Your job must qualify like a specialty occupation by meeting one of the following criteria
- Your task must be in a specialty occupation associated with your field of study.
- You have to be paid at least the specific or prevailing wage for ones occupation, whichever can be higher.
- An H-1B visa number have to be available before filing the request, unless the request is exempt from numerical limits.
H1B Application process
Once you made sure to have the requirements. Proceed with H1B visa online application via USCIS website.
Action 1: employers Submits LCA to help DOL regarding qualifications.
The particular employer have to submit an application for and also acquire DOL qualifications of LCA. With regard to more information with regards to LCA needs and also DOL’s inert method, view the “Foreign Toil Qualification, Team of Labor” connection to the best.
Action two: Workplace Submits Accomplished Form I-129 to help USCIS.
The particular employer should record Form I-129, Request for the Nonimmigrant Employee, while using the correct USCIS Services Middle. You need to see each of our I-129 One on one Processing Graph and or chart page. The particular DOL-certified LCA has to be published while using the Form I-129 (only regarding specialty occupation and also style models). See the directions towards the Form I-129 regarding more submitting needs.
Action three: Possible Personnel Exterior america Apply for Visa and/or Entry.
After the Form I-129 petition has become approved, the potential H-1B staff member who’s going to be outside the house america might use while using the You. Ersus. Team of Talk about (DOS) at a You. Ersus. embassy or even consulate overseas for an H-1B visa (if some sort of visa is required).
No matter if some sort of visa is required, the potential H-1B staff member have to and then apply at You. Ersus. Persuits and also National boundaries Security (CBP) regarding entrance to help america with H-1B classification.
How to check H1B Visa application Status?
To check your H1B Visa application status, please visit the USCIS appropriate webpage https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do
Enter your receipt number in the appropriate field.
And click check status.
Conclusion : some H1B Visa status facts
- The number of H-1B petitions submitted enhanced 15 % through 267, 654 throughout FY 2011 to help 307, 713 throughout FY 2012.
- The number of H-1B petitions accredited decreased 3 % through 269, 653 throughout FY 2011 to help 262, 569 throughout FY 2012.
- 1 Seventy-two % of H-1B petitions accredited throughout FY 2012 ended up with regard to personnel involving the age groups of 20 as well as 34.
- Forty-six % of H-1B petitions accredited throughout FY 2012 ended up with regard to personnel with a bachelor’s diploma, forty-one % received a master’s diploma, 8 % received a doctorate, as well as four % ended up with regard to personnel with a professional diploma.
- Sixty-one % of H-1B petitions accredited throughout FY 2012 ended up with regard to personnel throughout computer-related work.
- This typical pay of beneficiaries of accredited petitions always been with $70, 000 with regard to equally FYs 2011 as well as 2012.
- According to the Washington post, H1B visa status for a worker from India is the key for career growth Washington Post